Advice and support for schools and preschools
South Australian government schools and preschools can access advice and support on:
- how to support an individual child or young person
- policy and procedure implementation
- specialist consultancy for extra support for complex situations.
Contact Engagement and Wellbeing to get the support you need.
Staff in South Australian government schools can access 2 types of professional learning:
Introduction training (online)
The 1-hour online training module is suitable for all staff and covers the essentials. It provides guidance and information on how:
- learning settings can address the needs of children and young people who are gender diverse, intersex and sexually diverse
- to support inclusion through the department’s policy and procedure
- to support them in schools, preschools and care settings.
SA government school staff can register for this training at: introduction training to supporting gender diverse, intersex and sexually diverse children and young people (staff login required).
Advanced training (face-to-face)
The 2-hour face-to-face advanced training is delivered at the school so all staff can attend. It provides knowledge and understanding of:
- inclusion and diversity
- legislative obligations and the department’s policy and procedures
- the experiences and issues encountered by children and young people who are gender diverse and sexually diverse
- the learning site’s role in supporting social transitioning of a child or young person
- inclusive whole school and individual practices to support gender diverse, intersex and sexually diverse children and young people.
Leaders in South Australian government schools can email the Education Wellbeing Team to apply for training: education.