Advocate for LGBTIQA+ health and rights
- Work with governments, decision-makers, partner organisations and our community, to advocate for law and policy reform
- Provide proactive and reactive policy advice to to improve the health and rights of LGBTIQA+ people.
- Develop a public policy platform articulating our advocacy priorities.
- Engage and empower LGBTIQA+ communities and allies.
- Engage traditional media outlets to raise awareness of LGBTIQA+ health and rights.
Build our community
- Establish an LGBTIQA+ Community Advisory Group to ensure community voices inform South Australian law, policy and program planning.
- Create spaces and opportunities for LGBTIQA+ communities to discuss issues that matter to them.
- Strengthen our engagement with LGBTIQA+ Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and culturally diverse communities.
- Grow our digital communities.
- Continue to work in partnership with other LGBTIQA+ organisations and allies.
- Explore a membership based model.
- Regularly communicate our work to our supporters.
Develop our governance and sustainability
- Secure grant income and explore other revenue sources.
- Explore the option of registering for charity and DGR status with the ACNC.
- Ensure our Board is appropriately skilled to lead SARAA.
- Develop frameworks that enable us to measure and demonstrate our impact.
- Develop organisational policies and procedures that support us to practice good governance.
Our Constitution is our governing document that sets out a roadmap for how our organisation is run. It includes:
- our charitable purposes
- that we operates on a not-for-profit basis
- the way that our Board makes decisions and operates.