In June 2021, we were proud to sponsor over 75 LGBTIQA+ South Australians to attend the Better Together 2021 LGBTIQ+ conference, hosted in Adelaide.
The Better Together Conference, hosted by The Equality Project, exists to facilitate a conversation about LGBTIQ+ rights in Australia and provide a platform to share ideas and experiences and build bridges between our diverse communities.
The 2021 conference provided our communities with a key moment to gather and discuss issues that matter to us. It strengthened our skills and built our relationships as LGBTIQA+ advocates.
A number of our incredible SARAA team members presented at the conference including:
- Kelly Vincent, (SARAA Policy Officer) presented at the conference on the learnings and outcomes from SARAA’s Community Advisory Group project and was rated in the top 10 sessions of the conference
- Carolyn Hannaford (Board Deputy Chair) presented on intersex issues at the Opening Plenary and hosted the Intersex & Allies presentation
- Holley Skene (Board Secretary) and Lucy Hackworth (Board) facilitated the lesbian caucus
- Charlotte Coulthard-Dare (Board) presented at the First Nations Plenary
- Cherrie Rogers (Board) presented at the Our Leather Life session and at multiple sessions related to sex workers
- Jenny Scott (CAG) presented 2 sessions: Gender Transitioning in the 90s and Finding Lesbians in the Archives
- Emma O’Loughlin (CAG) facilitated the Disability caucus.
We were so glad to meet you all and can’t wait to continue our work together!