About our LGBTIQA+ Community Advisory Group
With generous support from the Department of Human Services SA (DHS), SARAA has established an LGBTIQA+ Community Advisory Group to serve as a diverse but collective voice for the LGBTIQA+ community in public policy and decision-making.
This builds upon the 2019 LGBTIQA+ Roundtable held by Minister for Human Services, Michelle Lensink MLC.
SARAA’s LGBTIQA+ Community Advisory Group works to:
- inform SARAA about issues of importance to the LGBTIQA+ community
- assist SARAA in lobbying with Members of Parliament, peak bodies, and other relevant individuals and organisations to advance the health and wellbeing, social standing and rights of LGBTIQA+ people
- be intersectional, giving a voice to the LGBTIQA+ people who have lived experience of a range of issues that impact our communities.
The LGBTIQA+ Community Advisory Group is made up of community leaders who are experts in the issues that impact our community most.
Key priorities for LGBTIQA+ inclusion, health and wellbeing in South Australia
July 2021 report
In 2020-21 SARAA’s LGBTIQA+ Community Advisory Group reviewed the recommendations from the 2019 LGBTIQA+ Roundtable report to identify the key priorities for LGBTIQA+ inclusion, health and wellbeing in South Australia in 2021.
The Community Advisory Group made over 30 recommendations under 4 themes of:
- Represent and lead for our communities
- Advance our equality and safety under the law
- Include and respect us in the services we access
- Improve our health and wellbeing.
Do you have an issue you want the LGBTIQA+ Community Advisory Group to consider?
If there’s an issue that impacts South Australian LGBTIQA+ people which you thinks needs systemic advocacy on, we want to hear from you!
Email Kelly at email@example.com and our LGBTIQA+ Community Advisory Group will take it into consideration.