In February 2021, SA Health sought feedback on The South Australian Women’s Child and Youth Health Plan 2021 – 2031.
We made a submission that called for the plan to recognise:
- the urgent need to prioritise resources and services to improve the sexual health and wellbeing of Australia’s trans and gender diverse populations
- the needs and experiences of same-sex parented families, and LGBTIQ+ families broadly
- the huge disparities that are experienced by LGBTIQ+ young people when it comes to mental health and suicide
- the importance of providing safe and inclusive health services for LGBTIQ+ people
- the health needs of intersex people
- disabled women’s unique needs and experiences.
We also encouraged SA Health to hold further targeted consultations with LGBTIQ+ and disability communities on the Plan.
You can read our full submission here.