In 2015 the South Australian government reformed our state’s laws to both:
- allow person to have a sex or gender other than male or female recorded on the Register
- establish a process for changing a person’s registered sex and/or gender.
SARAA is proud to have extensively engaged in this reform process, documented through the following submissions:
- Submission to the Legislative Review Committee with regard to the SA Sexual Reassignment Act 1988 – April 2015
- Submission to the SA Law Reform Institute roundtable consultation on Laws governing sexual reassignment and sex and/or gender regiassignment – October 2015
- Submission on the Statutes Amendment (Gender Identity and Equity) Bill 2015 – November 2015
- Joint submission in the Births, Deaths, Marriages Registrations (Gender Identity) Amendment Bill 2016 – March 2017