The South Australian Rainbow Advocacy Alliance’s (SARAA) Strategic Plan 2021-23 sets out 3 strategic priorities for SARAA.
1. Advocate for LGBTIQA+ health and rights
- Continue to work with governments, decision-makers, partner organisations and our community, to advocate for law and policy reform.
- Continue to provide proactive and reactive policy advice to governments, decision-makers, organisations and other interested parties to improve the health and rights of LGBTIQA+ people.
- Develop a public policy platform in collaboration with the LGBTIQA+ Community Advisory Group that articulates our legal and policy advocacy priorities.
- Engage and empower LGBTIQA+ communities and allies to contribute to advocacy for LGBTIQA+ health and rights.
- Engage traditional media outlets to raise awareness of LGBTIQA+ health and rights.
2. Build our community
- Establish an LGBTIQA+ Community Advisory Group to ensure community voices inform South Australian law, policy and program planning.
- Create spaces and opportunities for LGBTIQA+ communities to discuss issues that matter to them.
- Continuously work to strengthen our engagement with LGBTIQA+ Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and culturally diverse communities, through a lens of cultural justice and Aboriginal sovereignty.
- Grow our digital communities and engagement, including our Facebook following and mailing list.
- Continue to work in partnership with other LGBTIQA+ organisations and allies.
- Explore a membership based model to ensure SARAA’s work reflects the priorities of the LGBTIQA+ community.
- Regularly communicate our work to our supporters and the broader LGBTIQA+ community.
3. Develop our governance and sustainability
- Secure grant income and explore other revenue sources.
- Explore the option of registering for charity and Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
- Ensure our Board is appropriately skilled to lead SARAA to fulfill its vision and purpose.
- Develop frameworks that enable us to measure and demonstrate the impact of our organisation.
- Develop organisational policies and procedures that support us to practice good governance and meet our legal obligations.