- man or male
- woman or female
- I use a different term (please specify)
- Prefer not to answer.
As LGBTIQA+ people, we often come across forms and systems that don’t include us when asking for information about our gender. You can use this guide to advocate for organisations to collect data on gender in an inclusive way.
- why measuring gender is important
- the difference between sex and gender
- what the terms binary, non-binary and Intersex mean
- gender diversity within culture
- complexities experienced by LGBTIQA+ people, for example intersectionality and concerns around disclosure
- how people can be a better ally, for example by normalising sharing of your pronouns.
Thanks Department of Human Services and Hon Michelle Lensink MLC for your leadership in this space.
We look forward to the guide being implemented across Government to ensure LGBTIQA+ people, particularly trans and gender diverse people, are properly considered in government strategies, policies, programs and services.